Bachelor’s Degree with three years of experience working with youth preferable in a church setting or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Committed follower of Jesus Christ, evidence of personal discipleship, knowledgeable about the Presbyterian Church (USA) form of government, possesses a good understanding and commitment to the Reformed Tradition.
The Associate Director of Youth Ministries reports to the Associate Pastor for Youth, and the Session, through the WPC Personnel Committee.
Cultivate faith formation with youth of all ages, giving particular attention to middle school youth in grades 6-8. Efforts should help perpetuate, in collaboration with other staff and lay leaders, Christian education and spiritual guidance for youth and their families. This position will maintain current programs and implement new opportunities. This position will help perform the duties associated with the overall youth ministry including coordinating outreach, education, fellowship and personal relationships with the youth and their families at Westminster.
• Primarily work with grades 6-8, spiritually caring for them and nurturing them in the faith of Christ by building relationships and actively engaging in their lives.
• Provide primary planning and implementation for Sunday night Middle School Youth Group meetings during the school year.
• Assist in Sr. High Youth Group leadership on a regular basis, under the supervision of the Associate Pastor for Youth.
• Assist the Associate Pastor for Youth with yearly calendaring and planning.
• Attend youth ministry activities and events.
• With the oversight of the Associate Pastor for Youth, plan and lead yearly overnight retreats and summer trips for youth.
• Work with the Associate Pastor for Youth to effectively communicate with youth and their families about the Youth Program at WPC.
• Support Sunday morning Education opportunities for Youth.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Regularly attend Sunday worship services and other events in the life of the church.
60% Middle School Programs and Relationships
20% Sr. High Ministry Support
20% Youth Administration and Visioning
A full-time exempt position with Board of Pension benefits
Vacation: 4 weeks
Continuing Education: 2 weeks